Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday Wisdom 3-11-09

I've been reading over the new Start with Heart newsletters...have y'all seen them? They are fabulous! I know I've been a consultant for 10 years now, but there is always something new I can learn. Here is a tip I read this morning from Start with Heart issue #3 about the power of reminder calls.

One of the most important things you can do in preparation for a Gathering is to make reminder phone calls. Simply call each guest you invited, remind them of the date and time, and ask if they’ll be attending. There are two reasons this is so important:

  1. You need a head count so you can prepare enough materials.
  2. Your guests will know this is important to you and will be more likely to attend.

Use the reminder call as an opportunity to let each guest know it’s not too late to bring a friend, and that you’ll have a few extra projects on hand just in case. If you choose, you may even want to offer a small gift to guests who bring a friend; a stamp from the incentive set is an excellent idea. Here’s a sample of what you might say:

“Hello, Jane, this is Nancy calling. (Pause for her response.)

“I’m really excited about my Home Gathering on Thursday, and I’m busy making final preparations. We will be making a small project and I need to know how many guests to plan for. Will you be coming?” (Pause and wait for an answer.)

(If she says “yes,” say:) “Great! Are you planning to bring a friend?” (pause) “Great! See you Thursday at 7 p.m. It’s going to be so much fun!”

(If she says “no,” say:) “We’ll miss you. Would it work for you if I dropped off an Idea Book tomorrow for you to look at? Then I’ll call you on Friday to see what products you’re interested in, and to answer any questions you may have.”


I encourage everyone to go to the consultant website and click on "For New Consultants" under "Consultant Training" and check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment