Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Studio J - Day 5&6

Oops! I forgot to post yesterday! What can I say...it was a Monday! LOL! So here are two layouts for today! This first layout was created with photos from a family trip in the fall. In the journaling block on the left, you can see that the journaling looks like it is typed on Desert Sand cardstock. All of the journaling areas and title areas will automatically come with "vellum" as the default. The vellum looks like a lighter shade of the cardstock beneath it or looks like a sheer layer over patterned paper (whichever applies to the layout design). But you do not need to keep it that way! Feel free to change the background! Any of the cardstock colors that match that kit are an option (no patterned paper...but when do we ever use patterned paper to type journaling on? Very rarely). To change from vellum to a different color of cardstock, just click on the area and in the box that pops up there will be a variety of color swatches to choose from. Play with them all and see the one you like best!


Now on this layout I added stickease and buttons in the circle across the top. I had to resize the flower stickease. To make sure they were all the same, I just dragged one flower sticker to the circle and played with it until I got it the size I wanted. Then I clicked on it and made a note of how enlarged it was (there is a box that will say 125% or whatever). Then with the others I just dragged over another one clicked on the box and typed in the enlargement number so it automatically became the same size as the others. No need to eyeball it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment